- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Foreign Policy and Security Advisor to the German Chancellor Jan Hecker
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with Japan’s former Administrative Vice-Minister of Defence Masanori Nishi
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the conference “Pivot to Asia: Challenges and Opportunities”
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius gives a welcome speech at the conference on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the municipalities of Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine
Translator Cornelius Hell receives Austrian state award
On 30 June at the Vienna House of Literature, the Federal Chancellery of Austria awarded the state award in a solemn ceremony to the Austrian journalist, writer, radio presenter, translator, and a great friend of Lithuania Cornelius Hell for translating contemporary Lithuanian writers and poets into the German language.
C. Hell translated the two novels by Undinė Radzevičiūtė – “Fish and Dragons” and “Blue Blood” – from Lithuanian into German. The novels were published in Austria.
C. Hell, who was born in Salzburg, has translated dozens of works of literature by the most famous Lithuanian writers over several decades. He is one of the most prominent personalities that help foster ties between Lithuania and Austria.
The Austrian state award that recognizes outstanding translations of works of world literature into the German language has been given annually since 1985. This year's award has been given for the translation from the Lithuanian language for the first time ever.