- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-06-26 On 26 June at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates
- 2019-06-27 On 27 June at 10.00 a.m., the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė participates in political consultations with the delegation of Malta
- 2019-06-28 On 28 June at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Members of the European Parliament
Ministry of Foreign Affairs – first state institution to join Diversity Charter
On 7 May, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius signed the Diversity Charter. Organizations, companies and institutions signing the charter seek to be socially responsible and to contribute to positive change in the society, to promote diversity and equality in the workplace without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, race, nationality, religion, gender identity, etc.
The Foreign Minister emphasized that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania follows international human rights standards, aims to create a tolerant work environment and to ensure equality in the labor market.
“It is important that equal opportunities within the workplace should become self-evident in today's society. Diversity plays a role in enriching and allowing us to learn from each other and to improve,” said L. Linkevičius.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs became the first state institution to join this initiative of the European Commission.
The Lithuanian Diversity Charter became the 23rd in Europe to join the EU Platform of Diversity Charters. There are now more than 10,000 companies and institutions that have joined the Diversity Charter in the member states of the European Union. In Lithuania, 27 international and Lithuanian companies have already joined this voluntary initiative.