- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 8.45 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministers’ meeting
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 12.05 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Lithuanian State Defence Council
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting of the General Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania's Foreign Vice-Minister meets new Ambassador of Sri Lanka
On 27 May, the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Neris Germanas met with the new Ambassador of Sri Lanka to Lithuania Senadheera Sudantha Ganegama Arachchi. On the same day, the Ambassador presented his letters of credence to the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė.
The Foreign Vice-Minister expressed his condolences over terrorist attacks of 21 April on Christian churches and hotels in Sri Lanka.
The officials discussed possibilities for developing bilateral cooperation. The Ambassador suggested signing a Memorandum of Understanding on political consultations, which could be the first step for intensifying the bilateral relationship.
According to the Foreign Vice-Minister, Sri Lankan students study at Lithuanian universities. It is expected that cooperation will be deepened in this field and Sri Lankan citizens will receive higher education at the European level.
The Lithuanian Foreign Vice-Minister also informed Sri Lanka's Ambassador about the Life Sciences Baltics 2020 forum and invited Sri Lankan representatives to attend the event.
The Ambassador of Sri Lanka to Lithuania resides in Stockholm.