- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Foreign Policy and Security Advisor to the German Chancellor Jan Hecker
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with Japan’s former Administrative Vice-Minister of Defence Masanori Nishi
- 2019-10-23 On 23 October, the Foreign Vice-Minister Neris Germanas takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends the conference “Pivot to Asia: Challenges and Opportunities”
- 2019-10-24 On 24 October, the Minister Linas Linkevičius gives a welcome speech at the conference on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals in the municipalities of Lithuania, Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine
Lithuania's Diplomacy Star awarded in Brussels
On 26 June in Brussels, Giles Portman, who heads the East Stratcom Task Force of the European External Action Service (EEAS) from 2015, received Lithuania's Diplomacy Star. The East Stratcom Task Force is the sole institutional response of the European Union to Russia's organized disinformation campaigns against EU institutions and its member states.
"The EU's efforts to counter disinformation were stepped up. Four years ago, we started asking ourselves about the need to make the effort. We have achieved great progress in almost reaching a consensus among EU member states that only by working together can we build resilience to disinformation and hybrid threats," said the Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Albinas Zananavičius, who conferred the Foreign Ministry’s award of honor on G. Portman.
G. Portman is awarded for the merits of active support for the creation and strengthening of the East Stratcom Task Force, his purposeful leadership in 2015-2019, as well as his personal contribution to raising awareness of the threat posed by the Russian Federation to the EU's democracy and stability in wider Europe.