- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Seimas Committee on Foreign Affairs
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 1.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius sees off participants of the Mission Siberia expedition
- 2019-07-17 On 17 July at 2.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 9.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius receives inhabitants
- 2019-07-18 On 18 July at 11.30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the outgoing Ambassador of Denmark
Director of Japan-Lithuania Exchange Centre receives Lithuania's Diplomacy Star
On 18 June, the Ambassador of Lithuania to Japan Gediminas Varvuolis conferred the award of honor of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Lithuania's Diplomacy Star – on the Director of the Japan-Lithuania Exchange Centre (JLEC) Kenjiro Tamaki. The Mayor of Toyohashi Koichi Sahara and delegation members, the former Japanese Ambassador to Lithuania Kazuko Shiraishi, many JLEC members, and other friends of Lithuania attended the awards ceremony.
In 2011, K. Tamaki initiated the establishment of JLEC, which brings together Japanese business representatives. K. Tamaki has headed this organization since then. In recent years, K. Tamaki has significantly contributed to developing economic relations between Lithuania and Japan, promoting Lithuania's export, making the country's name known in Japan, attracting tourists, and establishing scientific contacts.
Important areas of JLEC activity include establishing and strengthening relations between municipalities in Japan and Lithuania, assisting in organizing visits of Lithuanian business delegations to Japan and of Japanese business delegations to Lithuania, mediating when searching for new business contacts, raising awareness of Lithuania by using the mass media in Japan and social networks, helping to present Lithuania during fairs and exhibitions in Japan, as well as preparing and publishing catalogs of Lithuanian exporters for international exhibitions in the Japanese language.
With its members and volunteers in various cities across Japan, JLEC plays an important role in assisting the Embassy of Lithuania both in Tokyo and in more remote regions of Japan.